4th Grade Haps and Hacks

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Testing Woes

So much happened during this first week back!
But, it seemed to drag on FOREVER!
Did anyone else feel this way?
It was slow, and it was tedious.

I expected to have more issues with my kiddos getting back into the routines, but they came in and did what they needed to do like we had never had a break (for the most part). I was proud of them!

I took my first Zumba classes!!
I LUH-VE it!!
On Wednesday, I felt like I was constantly checking the clock because I was so excited to get to the studio!
I can't wait for my classes this week!

Found this picture floating around Pinterest - if anyone knows the original source, please let me know! But boy, is it the truth!!
By the time Friday rolled around, I was starting to get sick.
My throat was sore and my body just felt... heavy.
With every few minutes that passed, it got worse and worse.
And by the time school was over, I thought I was going to pass out at my desk.

This was a HUGE problem because I have to cover everything in my room and re-arrange my desks.

Why?

Because we have testing in this upcoming week.
ALL week.
It's terrible and I hate it!
Seriously, I feel like I'm torturing my kids.

Monday we have to somehow take both Language Arts and Reading six weeks tests,
followed by four days of benchmark testing.
Waaaaah!!

I don't like testing so much, I feel like all we do is test.
It's really an issue I feel deeply about for many reasons.
I think this infographic is pretty interesting, if you want to check it out.

Anyways, so I came home on Friday evening and went to sleep.
My wonderful husband brought me some Tom Kha (the best Thai Soup around!!), so I woke up to eat that.
Then, I went back to sleep.

So, I have basically been sleeping since Friday.
No lie.
This is the first time all weekend I've been sitting up.
All of my work I needed to get done to prepare for the end of the six weeks?
Yeah, right.
I'll get as much done as I can today, but I'm just going to have to realize that I probably wont finish.

So, how did everyone else enjoy their first days back at school?
I hope no one got as sick as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment